“Get Found. Find New. Stay Connected.” is an idiom that Courtside Marketing has founded its operation on. In this first part, of a three part series, we will cover the first aspect of that idiom, Get Found. In the following weeks we will touch on the final two, Find New and Stay Connected.
What does this mean? Get Found?
Essentially what we’re talking about is, is your business visible to consumers actively searching online for your products and services?
Your business may be found in the Yellow Pages or even by word-of-mouth, and it may very well have been successful in years past. Although what is the first thing a prospective customer will do when searching for a product or service today?
It’s turning on their computer, laptop, or pulling out their smartphone or tablet device and typing in the one, most powerful word, Google. In what is a natural instinct now, consumers will storm to the forefront of the Internet to find whatever they can on the best of the best.
It cannot be overstated enough, how crucial it is to have a website for your business in today’s day and age. Moreover, here are a few statistics to provide a broader perspective:
- 85% of consumers search online for business information
- 94% only search through the first page of Google
- 90% act within 24 hours of their original search
- 94% of smartphone users search for business information on mobile devices
Let’s focus on that last statistic. “94% of smartphone users search for business information on mobile devices.” If having a website is 1a, then having a website that is mobile compatible is 1b.
Why? This past year Google released a revamped search algorithm, in an aim to make the search process user-friendlier. Google altered their site so that those businesses who had a website, which were also mobile-friendly, would appear on the first page of Google. However, those that did NOT, were eventually bumped down to the second page of Google, also known as “the best place to hide a dead body.”
For more information on why it’s vital to have a mobile compatible site:
- 77% of mobile searches are in location (work or home) likely to have a PC available to them.
- 73% of mobile searches trigger additional action & conversions.
- 36% continue researching
- 25% visit a retailer’s website
- 18% share information and word-of-mouth
- 17% make a purchase
- 17% visit a store or service location
- 7% call a business
- 55% of purchase-related conversions occur within one hour of initial mobile search.
Whether it’s pulling out our phone, or heading to Google on our desktop, it’s our habit to scour the Internet when searching for further information. And as a business owner, you NEED to make sure your business is visible to all potential customers, by increasing your web visibility.
(Statistics via Mobile Search Moments: Understanding How Mobile Drives Conversions, Google and Nielsen)
Get Found. Find New. Stay Connected.