As a business, it’s already hard enough to reach potential and current customers on social media sites. With the new Facebook updates, it’s going to get even harder! Organic reach will continue on its downward trend. What is important now more then ever is great content along with boosting your best posts! There are 3 key topics we suggest using when posting on social media sites. Be the Experts, Build Community, and Promote the Business.
#1 Be the Experts
- Post tips & advice that demonstrate your expertise in the business.
- Feature relevant industry articles that educate
- Cross Post Educational Blog content
- Manufacturers Content
- Show Customer Success
- Examples of Work done well (before/after)
#2 Build Community
- Recognize Employees
- Thank Customers
- Recognize complimentary Local Businesses
- Volunteering Efforts
- Charities Supported
- Support Local Events, Parades, County Fairs, Chamber happenings
- Engage with non-promotional material
#3 Promote the Business!
- Mirror & cross promote TV, Newspaper, Print Promos, etc.
- Special ‘Social Media Only’ Deals
- Seasonal Promos
- Launch New Products/Services
- Weekly/Monthly Focus on Key Products
- Online Contests
- Now Hiring!
- Post Positive Reviews
Use these 3 tips and make sure to plan out your social media strategy on a weekly or monthly basis. Be active on the social sites that your potential and current customers are on. 1 in 5 minutes that people spend on mobile devices is on either Facebook or Instagram. So follow your audience, post relevant information, and be consistent! Good luck!